"Dimensions are too large"

Anisha_Jayadevan
Hi,

I get the following exception when trying to load large raster files into
GIS:

"Dimensions (width =78916, height = 53125) are too large".

What are the maximum dimensions that NetLogo can handle? Are there any
workarounds to this problem?

Best
Anisha

Re: "Dimensions are too large"

Alon Sela-2
Hi,
It seems huge!
Usually, the memory is the constraints.
NetLogo and agent-based modeling are not too efficient for very large
models since every patch has more data than a simple matrix.
I did not succeed to run 1000*1000 world on a computer with 36 GB ram.

If you succeed, please publish it!

Regards,

Alon

Alon Sela
Tel 0547232808

Re: "Dimensions are too large"

Robert Gentry Grider
Anisha,

I don't know what the raw size of the raster file is, but you may have more luck if you increase the amount of memory available to NetLogo. Instructions to do this are included in the NetLogo Manual here<http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/docs/faq.html#howbig>.

Thanks,

Robert Grider