getting a list of distances from a given agent

getting a list of distances from a given agent

someonetookstoafer
Hi,

I know there have recently been some related posts on this issue, but
I have been unable to solve my problem using those posts.

I am interested in getting a list of the distances of all the turtles
within a given neighborhood of the specified agent.  I have tried the
sort command to do this in the following manner:

set L sort enforcers [distance myself]
let N count (enforcers-on neighborhood)
set D min-n-of N L

but get the error:

'expected command in place of the [distance myself]'

This seems like an easy problem to fix, but I have been having a lot
of trouble with it.  Sorry about the recurrent themes in postings.

-Chris

Re: getting a list of distances from a given agent

James Steiner-2
It looks like you are going about it the wrong way, overall. But to
answer your question:

If you want to sort by distance, you have to use SORT-BY

Set L sort-by [ [distance myself ] of ?1 < [ distance myself ] of ?2 ] enforcers

However, then your last statement won't work, because min-n-of wants L
to be an agentset, not a list.

I think what you want is

Set L sort-by [ [distance myself ] of ?1 < [ distance myself ] of ?2 ]
( enforcers-on neighborhood )

~~James.