adjusting RAM size

Charles Lassiter
Hello,

I'm trying to change how much RAM is available so I can run bigger
simulations (I'm not sure how big yet -- right now I want to keep pushing
Netlogo's limits to find the outer limits). I read this page
<http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/docs/faq.html#howbig> for how to
adjust the .cfg files but Netlogo keeps telling me that access is denied
whenever I try to save the file. Anyone else have a similar problem and
solve it?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Best wishes,
Charlie

--
Charles Lassiter
Philosophy Department
Box AD 47
Spokane, WA 99258

RE: [Non-DoD Source] [netlogo-users] adjusting RAM size

tswan73
Hi Charles,

I'm on a PC and this is what has worked for me. I used to use a batch file to assign RAM more ram. Create a text file and put the following in it:

REM Invoke desired version of java on the netlogo Java instructions
" C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\java" -Xmx25g -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar Netlogo.jar

---
The Xmx25g allocates 25 Gigs of RAM. You can change that number to whatever you want.

Once your text file is ready change the extension from .txt to .bat
Double-click on the BAT file, then open your model. It should work then.