Using Netlogo to Solve a Facility Location Problem

Using Netlogo to Solve a Facility Location Problem

westlife1002
I have used Netlogo to model some facility location problems (not in a way of
simulation but using Netlogo programming to solve the optimization problem,
i.e. all codes run only once (one tick) to return me the result). I have a
new facility location problem that I want to use Netlogo to solve, described
as follows:

I have for example, 1000 customers located in Europe with different latitude
and longitude. I want to find the minimal number of facilities that can
serve all customers, subject to the constraint that each customer must be
served within 24hr delivery (here I use a maximum allowed transportation
distance from a facility to a customer as the constraint for ensuring 24hr
delivery service (distance is straight line between two locations,
calculated based on Euclidean distance/straight line).

So, with each warehouse that can only serve the customers within certain
distance e.g. 600 km, what is the algorithms that can help me to find the
minimal number of facilities needed to service all customers, and their
respective latitude and longitude. An example is shown in the attached pic
below. Any one could use Netlogo model to solve it?

<http://netlogo-users.18673.x6.nabble.com/file/t380123/IMG_3345%2820180111-183242%29.jpg>

--
Sent from: http://netlogo-users.18673.x6.nabble.com/