Recycle Loop in System Dynamics

martinchrstphrbaker
Hello,
 I am working on a system dynamics model of a water filtration project that includes a recirculation loop out of a reactor.

 Influent water enters the system via a mixer that combines the reject of the reactor so the recirculation loop has increased flow above the influent rate.  There is no accumulation within the system so the influent rate equals the effluent rate.  The problem I'm encountering is a recursion loop that runs too deep.

 Once I have the water flows working I will expand the system with two recirculation loops and include chemical concentrations as well so this is a chemical engineering task.  I'm a mechanical guy with limited experience with System Dynamics but I want to get a feel for the behavior.  Attached is a screenshot of the base system, anyone able to help?
 Thanks,
 MCB

system dynamics model.PNG (19K) Download Attachment

Re: Recycle Loop in System Dynamics

guerrin
Did you explore the use of the NetLogo System Dynamics modeler?

file:///C:/Program%20Files/NetLogo%206.0.2/app/docs/index.html

It should be useful for modeling your stocks/flows setting

FG