Pedestrian movement in urban network

lauramorabito
Hi all,

 as first I should say that I'm an "entry level" Netlogo user, and I just started approaching the world of ABM in general. Also, I'm doing it only for curiosity, as I'm working in a totally different field. I'm reading a lot about the simulation of pedestrian movement and found/tested models for least cost paths, flocking, obstacle avoidance and similar.
 What I was wondering is: is there actually a model that combines: obstacle avoidance in a maze (similar to urban environment, not only orthogonal movements), increasing popularity of paths (the more agents walk a path, the more popular it gets), possibility to change the agent carachteristics (age, weight, etc)? So, in a few words, something coded in Netlogo that simulates pedestrian movement in urban environment? Thanks to anyone who would try and help my curiosity! Cheers, L

Re: Pedestrian movement in urban network [1 Attachment]

guerrin
Hi,

look at the NetLogo models library,NetLogo user communit models and
modeling commons webpages.

You will find there a lot of models answering your questions and even
much more.

Cheers

https://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/models/community/index.cgi

http://modelingcommons.org/account/login

SignatureMail-FG.png (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Pedestrian movement in urban network

lauramorabito
Thank you so much for your reply! And sorry I just noticed it right now...I'll check the links you sent and keep on thinking on how to apply this to archaeological data/towns...Cheers! L.