NetLogo v6 R extension: Cannot find R Home in MacOS High Sierra

NetLogo v6 R extension: Cannot find R Home in MacOS High Sierra

c.durant
Hello,
I also asked this question on  StackOverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50157477/netlogo-v6-r-extension-cannot-find-r-home-in-macos-high-sierra>

I am having trouble getting the NetLogo 6.0.3 R extension to work, as
NetLogo cannot find R Home. When opening a model in NetLogo 6.0.3 with
/extensions [r]/ in the code I get the error message:
/Could not find R Home. Please set R home in the environment or in
user.properties (Error #01)/.

I read through the NetLogo 6 R extension  User Manual
<https://ccl...northwestern.edu/netlogo/docs/r.html>   and have installed the
relevant R packages, including rJava. As detailed in the User Manual, I have
also changed the “user.properties” file in the NetLogo 6 'r' extension
folder so that the following lines are uncommented:

/r.home=~Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/
jri.home.paths=/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/rJava/jri
r.lib.paths=/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/

I then saved and closed the "user.properties" file and restarted NetLogo.
I have a suspicion that the problem may be that my path to R is not correct.
I have tried a few different modifications of the r.home path.

The following modifications result in the error /Could not find R Home.
Please set R home in the environment or in user.properties (Error #01)/:
/r.home=~Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/
r.home=~/Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/
r.home=~Applications/R.app/
r.home=~Applications//

The following modifications cause NetLogo to crash when ‘check’ is clicked
or when the NetLogo v5 to v6 autoconverter starts:
/r.home=/Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/
R_HOME=~Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS//

From looking at the file structure, I believe R (R.app) is in the
‘Applications’ folder in my root directory.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be going wrong?

R version: R 3.3.3 (also tried using R 3.4.4)
NetLogo version: 6.0.3
macOS Version: High Sierra 10.13.4

--
Sent from: http://netlogo-users.18673.x6.nabble.com/