Migration of the netlogo-users list

uri wilensky-2
Hello members of the netlogo-users mailing list.  We are in the process of migrating the netlogo-users list from Yahoo Groups to Google Groups.  The process will take some time.  Google Groups doesn’t allow bulk migration, so we’ll be sending an invitation from Google Groups to all existing netlogo-users members.  You may also join the new list without an invitation at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/netlogo-users <https://groups.google.com/d/forum/netlogo-users> and the new list email address will be [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>.

Once enough of our users have joined the Google Group, we will announce the switch.  The Google Groups mailing list will not be active until the announcement time.  After the announcement, we will shut down the Yahoo Group and move our conversations to the Google Group.

Thanks for your patience with our transition.

—Uri

Uri Wilensky
Professor of Learning Sciences, Computer Science and Complex Systems
Director, Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling

Re: Migration of the netlogo-users list

Alberto
Makes total sense, Uri. Yahoo ML are not great to use. Google it is.

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 8:35 PM, uri wilensky [hidden email]
[netlogo-users] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello members of the netlogo-users mailing list.  We are in the process of
> migrating the netlogo-users list from Yahoo Groups to Google Groups.  The
> process will take some time.  Google Groups doesn’t allow bulk migration,
> so we’ll be sending an invitation from Google Groups to all existing
> netlogo-users members.  You may also join the new list without an
> invitation at https://groups..google.com/d/forum/netlogo-users
> <https://groups.google.com/d/forum/netlogo-users> and the new list email
> address will be [hidden email].
>
> Once enough of our users have joined the Google Group, we will announce
> the switch.  The Google Groups mailing list will not be active until the
> announcement time.  After the announcement, we will shut down the Yahoo
> Group and move our conversations to the Google Group.
>
> Thanks for your patience with our transition.
>

> —Uri
>
> Uri Wilensky
> Professor of Learning Sciences, Computer Science and Complex Systems
> Director, Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling

Re: Migration of the netlogo-users list

a.paul
I can't sign up to the Google Group with my academic email account though, does this mean everyone will have to create a Google account especially for the netlogo user group?

Best of wishes, Ayla