I need to find a model for agent movement ..

I need to find a model for agent movement ..

NetLogo-Users mailing list
Hi, I am a beginner in Netlogo and I have the difficult task of finding coding lines for a model in which the turtles must at each turn evaluate the different places around them and decide which is better (to collect food) Whether in the long or short term. Everything is complicated as there is more competition: more area occupied by it, also distance is a factor as it influences that some arrive and others not to their goal. The codes that I seek have to do with a neutral movement that is sufficiently realistic and simple for the results to be credible.
 Where can I find them? I would greatly appreciate a little help.

 Thank you

Re: I need to find a model for agent movement ..

NetLogo-Users mailing list
hi jhfh98

generally speaking, there is a difference between modelling and coding.
If you use words like 'everything is complicated' that generally means that you would need to first formalise you model, before you turn to coding.

Start with writing in plain language what you want your turtles to do every step.
If you want to use a basic movement model than you should not want to end up at the point where 'everything is complicated'. (even basic movement models can be made complicated if you go into the details, but reading your question, you generally want to

1.    Have a rule to determine the value of a patch

2.    Use rnd:weighted-one-of<https://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/docs/rnd.html#rnd:weighted-one-of> to move to one of these patches.
Now the rule is up to you, that's where the fun starts...

Alternatively, search on random-walks (also in this usergroup) for more details in random movement, but you seem to be more rule-based in you thinking that that...

Hope this is useful

Geerten