Humboldt State short course on agent-based modeling, 30 July - 3 August 2018

Humboldt State short course on agent-based modeling, 30 July - 3 August 2018

Steve Railsback
Steve Railsback, Volker Grimm, and Steve Lytinen will conduct our eighth
summer short course on agent-based (individual-based) modeling, July 30
- August 3, 2018, at Humboldt State University. The course is intended
primarily for university faculty and instructors interested in teaching
their own modeling courses, but we also welcome participants interested
mainly in research applications.

The course will be based on the textbook "Agent-based and
Individual-based Modeling: A Practical Introduction" by Railsback and
Grimm: http://www.railsback-grimm-abm-book.com/ . The instructors are
the textbook's authors and Steve Lytinen, professor of Computer Science
at DePaul University. The course's main goal will be to introduce
participants to both NetLogo and the modeling concepts in the book, to
the point that they can then teach themselves and others how to become
productive modelers. We will focus especially on developing NetLogo
programming skills, via exercises and projects with a high level of
instructor interaction.

The course will be held at Humboldt State, on northern California's
beautiful redwood coast. The fee is expected to be $600, which includes
instruction and materials, social events, and lunches. Participants will
provide their own transportation to and lodging in Arcata; low-cost
campus lodging will be available.

Applications are being accepted through May 5th. Additional information
and the short application form are at: http://www.humboldt.edu/ibm/

Steve Railsback