Cannot open downloaded model

NetLogo-Users mailing list
I'm new in using NetLogo and tried to open a model, which I downloaded from a webpage. It doesn't open and a window comes up with the message "NetLogo can't open the model /Users/katharina/Downloads/watershed.nlogo, Input Length = 1". What can I do? What is wrong?

Thanks for any help!!

Re: Cannot open downloaded model

AlexP_NLogo
I have the same problem, and also new to NetLogo.
- watershed model: "NetLogo can't open model .... input length  = 1"
- runoff model: "NetLogo can't open model .... input length  = 1"

I'm using NetLogo 6.01

Sent from: http://netlogo-users.18673.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Cannot open downloaded model

Robert Gentry Grider
Can you provide a link to where you downloaded the model or send a message with the model attached? It's hard to debug without the model. Typically, problems like this happen when opening a very old model (NetLogo 4 or older) in NetLogo 6. This can often be fixed by first opening the model in 5.3.1, resaving, then opening in NetLogo 6.0.1.

Thanks,
Robert Grider