Behavior Experiments by Command Line.

Manzo-2
Hello,

I am trying to run BehaviorSpace experiments from the command line
bat I have to deal with the following problems:

1) when I use the first command suggested in the manuel (p.
158) "java -server -Xmx1024M -cp NetLogo.jar", I receive the error
message "no 'server' jvm at [...]".

This is probably come from that when I call java from the DOS
command, the version Java called is not the version included in
NetLogo but a general 1.6 JRE version without the "server option"
that is installed on my computer.

2) So, if I remove -server, it does work but when I
run "org.nlogo.headless.HeadlessWorkspace", I receive the error
message "exception in thread 'main' java.lang.NoclassDefFoundError".

Is there somewhat missing in my commands?
More generally, how could I call the Netlogo Java version instead of
the general JRE installed on my computer?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Gianluca

PS:
my operative System : Windows Vista Professionel 32 bits
my Netlogo version : NetLogo4.0.2 (NetLogo version with bundled Java)

Re: Behavior Experiments by Command Line.

SethTisue
Administrator

 Manzo> 2) So, if I remove -server, it does work but when I run
 Manzo> "org.nlogo.headless.HeadlessWorkspace", I receive the error
 Manzo> message "exception in thread 'main'
 Manzo> java.lang.NoclassDefFoundError".

When you enter the command to start NetLogo, your current working
directory must be the root level of the NetLogo directory, otherwise
Java won't find NetLogo.jar.

 Manzo> Is there somewhat missing in my commands?  More generally, how
 Manzo> could I call the Netlogo Java version instead of the general JRE
 Manzo> installed on my computer?

If you look in the NetLogo directory you'll find a subdirectory
containing the JRE that comes with NetLogo.  Inside it is a "bin"
directory containing the Java executable you need to run.

--
Seth Tisue / http://tisue.net
lead developer, NetLogo: http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/